Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Hunt.


I have been on the hunt for over a year. Scouring the internet. The newspapers. Shop windows!
The ever elusive dream job.
Or any job really? Just one that is relevant to my chosen career path. Or even just one that I enjoy each and every day.
I have known what I wanted to do since I was in year 10. I have been completing course after course for the last 5 years to assist me in my pursuit. I've had a 12 month stint in the workplace doing my dream job (sadly resigned to pursue a life by the beach).
There are weeks when I think I cant take it anymore and want to give up the hunt. The endless 'unsuccessful' emails and 'unfortunately you didnt get the job' phone calls. My support group (Bf, family & friends) continually tell me, 'You'll get the right job for you and it will be perfect'. To which I reply in my head 'Isnt 12 months enough of a wait?'.
But just as quickly I am invited to another interview or I think ive finally found the job of my dreams and put my all into an application.
Someone told me (I have no idea who or when - you'll get used to me being like that) that for every interview attended (within the Sydney area) there will be approximately 45 'unsuccessfuls' before it. Not sure if that is true, but it sure feels like it!

Anyway, back to my wardrobe. I have an interview on Friday and need to prepare the perfect outfit!

Good luck to any other job junters out there! It will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment