Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Drink up.

"You can't not drink! Its her birthday!". A gal pals' boyfriend exclaimed today.
This weekend it is a close friends' birthday and a group of us are going out to dinner and then to a pub for a night of eating, drinking and dancing.
"I'll have a few glasses of wine but im not going crazy" was my answer.
"But you have to drink! She wont be happy." came the reply.
It annoyed me a little that this would be the response to my not wanting to drink. I've had my fair share of big nights which has then ended in my fair share of hangovers. I can also hold my own whilst drinking with friends, but the last few months i've just not been a big drinker.
My personal choice. No dietary reasons or anything, I just dont feel the need to drink and I definately do not feel the need to have a big night and end up feeling fragile the next day. Waste of time.
I hated the fact that I had to explain myself to my friends and I quickly advised them that I was not going to be peer pressured into it.
Im attending the birthday party and im going to have a good time. Little alcohol required.

Long whinge short, alcohol is a choice not a necessity. (I dont need to say anymore).

No comments:

Post a Comment