Monday, December 6, 2010

Dog gone.

I have had so many thoughts about blog posts but since becoming a studying, commuting, preparing-to-move, career woman, spare time is very hard to come by.
It is one week until the big move to Sydney and I cant wait for it to be over. Im sick of the whole 'preparing for the move' thing.

The biggest step in preparing for the move was to find our adorable, loving dog a new home. We are unable to take our little boy with us to Sydney as we are moving in with relatives.
The drive to Oscar's new home was long and sad. I kept looking at him and he'd be looking up at me with trusting eyes. I was scared that the new owners wouldn't 'suit' him.
As soon as we arrived, all my doubts disappeared. The new owners were lovely and were so excited to have Oscar. We felt so relieved knowing that he'd be going to a great couple that would love and spoil him like we do.


After drilling them on what his favourite toy is and where he likes his belly scratched, we left. I could barely say goodbye, I was choking up.
As I drove away the flood gates opened and I balled all the way home. This resulted in me missing my turn off and adding an extra half hour to our already long trip.
I wanted to text the new owners as soon as we got home but bf convinced me to give them some time.
I keep walking past the back door and expect to see him standing there wagging his tail.
I eventually sent the new owners a text the next day and was told he is settling in great and is making himself right at home.

Ill always love my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment